To many, Thanksgiving marks the start of the holiday season. A reminder that you only have so many shopping days to Christmas and if you haven’t ordered that Turkey, you may be a little late.
In a probably futile attempt at educating all but my two known America readers, I’ve done a bit of research on the subject.. but first you should take the quiz:
1. What year did the Pilgrims have their first Thanksgiving Feast?
2. What food was probably NOT on the Pilgrims’ Thanksgiving menu?
D Dried Fruit
3. The Horn of Plenty, or Cornucopia, which symbolizes abundance, originated in what country?
4. In 1676, a day of thanksgiving was proclaimed to take place during what month?
5. What president didn’t like the idea of having a national Thanksgiving Day?
6. Who is credited with leading the crusade to establish Thanksgiving Day?
A Sarah Jessica Parker
B Sarah Lee
C Sarah Josepha Hale
D Sarah Ferguson
7. Which president first established the date of Thanksgiving as a national celebration?
8. Which president moved the date of Thanksgiving twice?
B T. Roosevelt
C F. D. Roosevelt
9. The reason Thanksgiving was moved up a week was…
A To fullfil a political promise
B To ward off evil spirits
C Due to public pressure
D To lengthen the Christmas shopping season
10. Canada celebrates Thanksgiving on… (The answer is not in the narrative.)
A 2nd Monday in October
B 2nd Thursday in November
C 3rd Thursday in November
D May 1
Answers to be posted in the comments section please and I’ll post the Thanksgiving story and answers tomorrow….